Report a Poacher or Other Violation

For more information
please contact the
Hunter Education Program.

Eastern Washington
Spokane office
(509) 892-1001

Ephrata office
(509) 754-4624

Yakima office
(509) 575-2740

Western Washington
Mill Creek Office
(425) 775-1311 Ext. 106

Olympia office
(360) 902-8111



How to Obtain a Duplicate Certificate

All hunters born after 1 January 1972 are required to show either a previous year's hunting license or a duplicate hunter education training certificate before they can purchase a Washington hunting license. License vendors are required to see a valid hunter education training certificate.

Duplicate hunter education training certificates now cost $8. An official application (available via download on this web page, fax, mail or in person from any Department of Fish and Wildlife regional office) is required along with each application.

Please allow a minimum of two weeks to process a request for duplicate hunter education certificate.

For the fastest service, please call the nearest regional office to see if you can obtain a same-day temporary certificate after completing and returning the official application form.

New Certificates
The new duplicate certificates make a great birthday or Christmas gift! Printed and embossed on durable, credit-card-style plastic, the card is very popular and well worth the money!

Out-Of-State Hunters
Increasingly, adult hunters leaving Washington to hunt elsewhere are discovering they cannot purchase a hunting license unless they, too, have proof of hunter education course completion. Don't invest thousands of dollars on a hunt and discover you can't go! Enroll in a hunter education class long before you plan to leave on your hunt. If you need a duplicate hunter education certificate, don't wait until the last minute! Act now to obtain your duplicate hunter education card.

Questions about cards or classes? Give us a call!

For the fastest service, please call the nearest regional office.