Report a Poacher or Other Violation

For more information
please contact the
Hunter Education Program.

Eastern Washington
Spokane office
(509) 892-1001

Ephrata office
(509) 754-4624

Yakima office
(509) 575-2740

Western Washington
Mill Creek Office
(425) 775-1311 Ext. 106

Olympia office
(360) 902-8111



Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to take a Hunter Education course?
All hunters born after January 1, 1972 are required to show proof of hunter education course completion.

How can I find out if Hunter Education classes are being held in my county?
Hunter Education classes are listed on the WDFW Website:

Are there Master Hunter Classes?
The Master Hunter Program is a self-study program. Please visit the orientation webpage for more information.

I lost my Hunter Education Card. How do I obtain a duplicate?
Duplicate hunter education cards cost $8. To obtain a duplicate card, you must complete and return a special application form -- available from the WDFW website, regional Department of Fish and Wildlife offices or from the Olympia hunter education office. You may contact Olympia hunter education staff via phone and request a duplicate application form at (360) 902-8111, or you may e-mail your request

Please allow two weeks to process a duplicate hunter education request via mail.

Duplicate hunter education cards are now permanent, credit-card size plastic cards. Anybody who has successfully completed hunter education training in Washington State is eligible to purchase a duplicate hunter education certificate.

Increasingly, states require proof of hunter education training prior to purchase of an initial hunting license. The State of Colorado, for example, requires all hunters born after January 1, 1949 to show proof of hunter education course completion. If you hunt out of state, it may be wise to obtain a duplicate hunter education certificate before you leave home!

Where can I learn more about Hunter Education?
See the Washington State Fish and Wildlife Hunter Education webpage.