Freshwater and saltwater sportfish records

Have you caught a fish that you think might surpass a current state record? 

Bill Evans with the state record for largemouth bass in 2016

Here's how to verify your catch:

  1. The most important step is to get the fish weighed as soon as possible on a certified scale.
  2. Obtain the signatures of the scale operator and one other witness to the weighing.
  3. Next, take the fish to a Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife office for verification.
  4. Download the sportfish record application.

See a map and list of area and district biologists who can complete verification.

You can also pick an application package up in person from a WDFW regional office near you.

Select any filter and click on Show Records to see results