The quota in District 2-1 (Strait JDF) has been reached, and is now closed.
There are 7,000 pounds remaining in District 1 (San Juan Islands), and it will remain open until further notice. The weekly trip limit is 1000 pounds/license.
Harvest quotas and landings
The landings below include all reports received for the 2019-20 season and are unofficial.
|Sea Cucumber Harvest Area||2019-2020 State Quota Share||2019-2020 State Fishery Landings|
|San Juan Island - District 1||137,000 lbs||129,250|
|Strait of Juan de Fuca - District 2-1||64,000 lbs||63,500 (CLOSED)|
|Admiralty Inlet - District 2-2||26,954 lbs||27,487 (CLOSED)|
|Central Puget Sound - District 3||CLOSED||CLOSED|
|Hood Canal - District 4||CLOSED||CLOSED|
|South Puget Sound - District 5||15,000 lbs||14,696 (CLOSED)|
Notwithstanding the provisions of WAC 220-340-730, effective October 7, 2019, until further notice, it is unlawful to take or possess sea cucumbers taken for commercial purposes except as provided for in this section:
(1) Sea cucumber harvest using shellfish diver gear is allowed Monday through Sunday of each week in the following Marine Fish- Shellfish Catch Reporting Areas of Sea Cucumber District 1: 20A, 20B, 21A, 21B, 22A, and 22B.
(2) The maximum cumulative landing of sea cucumbers for each weekly fishery opening period is 1000 pounds per valid designated sea cucumber harvest license.
Closed areas pertain to the commercial sea cucumber fishery. In addition, see permanent WACs 220-302 and 220-303 for more information on Marine Preserves and Conservation Area closures. Legal descriptions of commercial sea cucumber harvest districts are found in WAC 220-340-730 Sea Cucumbers. Legal descriptions of commercial sea cucumber catch reporting areas can be found in WAC 220-301-040 Marine Fish-Shellfish Management and Catch Reporting Areas within Puget Sound.
- 220-340-030: Shellfish Harvest Logs
- 220-340-730: Permanent Sea Cucumber Fishing Regulations
- 220-305: Fish Rules of General Application
- 220-320: Shellfish - Definitions, Classifications and General Rules
- 220-353: General Commercial Fishery Rules
- 220-340-040: Sale of Commercially Caught Shellfish
- 220-352: Fish Receiving Tickets, Sales, Commercial Duties, and Recordkeeping