Updated landings below, as of September 23.
Harvest quotas and landings
|Sea Cucumber Harvest Area||2022-23 State Quota Share||2022-23 State Fishery Landings|
|San Juan Island - District 1||112,990 lbs||90,000|
|Strait of Juan de Fuca - District 2-1||62,507 lbs||60,147 (CLOSED)|
|Admiralty Inlet - District 2-2||42,593 lbs||42,295 (CLOSED)|
|Central Puget Sound - District 3||CLOSED||CLOSED|
|Hood Canal - District 4||CLOSED||CLOSED|
|South Puget Sound - District 5 areas 28A-D||8,775 lbs||8,671 (CLOSED)|
|South Puget Sound - District 5 area 26D||5,432 lbs||5,108 (CLOSED)|
WAC 220-340-73000G Commercial sea cucumber fishery
Effective September 19, 2022, until further notice, or until this rule expires on January 14, 2022, pursuant to RCW 34.05.350, the following provisions of WAC 220-340-730 regarding Puget Sound commercial sea cucumber harvest and sales shall be described below. All other provisions of WAC 220-340-730 not addressed herein, and unless otherwise amended, remain in effect:
(1) Sea cucumber harvest using shellfish diver gear is allowed in Sea Cucumber District 1, Monday through Sunday of each week.
(2) The maximum cumulative landing of sea cucumbers for each weekly fishery opening period is 1,800 pounds per valid designated sea cucumber harvest license.
Closed areas pertain to the commercial sea cucumber fishery. In addition, see permanent WACs 220-302 and 220-303 for more information on Marine Preserves and Conservation Area closures. Legal descriptions of commercial sea cucumber harvest districts are found in WAC 220-340-730 Sea Cucumbers. Legal descriptions of commercial sea cucumber catch reporting areas can be found in WAC 220-301-040 Marine Fish-Shellfish Management and Catch Reporting Areas within Puget Sound.
- 220-340-030: Shellfish Harvest Logs
- 220-340-730: Permanent Sea Cucumber Fishing Regulations
- 220-305: Fish Rules of General Application
- 220-320: Shellfish - Definitions, Classifications and General Rules
- 220-353: General Commercial Fishery Rules
- 220-340-040: Sale of Commercially Caught Shellfish
- 220-352: Fish Receiving Tickets, Sales, Commercial Duties, and Recordkeeping
Commercial fishers mailing list
Subscribe to the mailing list to receive periodic news and updates on information relevant to professional fishers.
Your Name (Optional):