Whether you are an experienced angler or just getting started, the Fish Washington app should be on your smartphone or other mobile device.
The free mobile app is designed to convey up-to-the-minute fishing regulations for every lake, river, stream and marine area in the state.
The app does not currently include information on shellfish and seaweed collection rules.
The app contains many great features, including:
- Interactive mapping to help anglers find fishing near them.
- Details on harvest limits and allowable gear for fishable species in each body of water.
- Access to the Fish Washington website and instructional videos designed to convey when, where and how to fish in Washington.
- Locations of boat launches and other fishing access points.
- Ability to add waypoints on maps, and report poaching in progress.
- Downloadable updates and offline capacity designed for those who may not have cell service in remote areas or on the water.
WDFW encourages everyone to download the Fish Washington app by visiting Apple's App Store or the Google Play store. Please use the commenting features in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to provide feedback, which will help the department make improvements to the app over time. The public can also leave comments at MobileAppDev@dfw.wa.gov.
New beta testing update - February 2024
Below are beta testing links to Fish Washington 2.0 currently available for users to download. If you are viewing this from a mobile device, you can click on these links - Google Play Store and iOS App Store - to download. This will officially launch in spring 2024.
Link to the app in iOS App Store (TestFlight):
Link to the app in Google Play Store:
Mobile App Support
Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife builds and supports various mobile apps for internal and external users. You can reach our team with questions, enhancement requests or to report issues at MobileAppDev@dfw.wa.gov
You can also leave a message for our team at 360-902-2700