Master Hunter Permits are valid for a five-year period. All of the below re-certification materials should be submitted together. These materials should not be sent in any sooner than six months prior to the expiration date printed on the permit card. There are no extensions to renew the permit after it has expired.
- Approved Master Hunter Proof of Service Form documenting 40 hours of volunteer work on approved wildlife conservation projects. Volunteer activities must occur during the five year period the Master Hunter Permit was valid.
- Non-WDFW projects should be pre-approved by regional volunteer coordinator or the MHPP coordinator.
- A signed Master Hunter Permit Renewal Form.
- Certified Master Hunters renewing their permits must authorize the WDFW to conduct a criminal background check each time they renew. The criminal background check will go back five (5) years from the Master Hunter's renewal anniversary date.
- A $25.00 non-refundable renewal fee.
- Checks and money orders should be written to WDFW Master Hunter. Do not send cash.
Master Hunters will receive a reminder email regarding their permits expiration the November before their permit is set to expire. It is up to the Master Hunter to maintain their information with the Master Hunter Permit Program by contacting the program coordinator at email@example.com.