This hunt is intended to address the growing elk population in and around the City of Forks. Hunters who are interested in applying for this hunt should be aware of the following:
- While elk are highly visible in the area, most of the areas where elk are commonly seen are not open to hunting or access is extremely limited.
- This is a firearms restricted hunt. Check the regulations pamphlet to see what hunting methods are allowed.
- This permit does not allow the holder to hunt within the City of Forks.
- Public lands are extremely limited.
- Some surrounding timber lands require a permit to access. See Rayonier's hunting access page for information on access permits.
- The area open to hunt is mostly private and access is extremely limited. If you do not have access arranged, consider not putting in for the hunt.
- When considering this hunt, hunters should scout the area and are advised to review the map for Elk area 6612 (Forks) to gain a better understanding of the surroundings.
- To determine ownership, hunters can also use the Clallam County parcels map.
- Hunters who draw this permit should not expect WDFW staff members to provide landowner names.
- Hunters who draw this permit should use the highest of hunting ethics while on this hunt.