Washington is home to hundreds of fish and wildlife species and scores of diverse fishing, hunting and wildlife viewing opportunities. You can purchase a license or parking pass online to start enjoying these opportunities.
Small game license costs
|License type||Resident||Non-resident||Resident senior||Youth under 16||Resident disabled*||Non-resident disabled veteran*|
|Small Game Discount ***||$22.00||$96.80||$22.00||$8.80||$8.80||$22.00|
|3-Day Small Game||----||$68.00||----||----||----||---|
|Turkey Tag #1||$15.90||$44.50||$15.90||FREE||$15.90||$44.50|
|Additional Turkey Tags||$15.90||$66.50||$15.90||$11.50||$15.90||$66.50|
|Migratory Bird Permit||$17.00||$17.00||$17.00||FREE||$17.00||$17.00|
|Western WA Pheasant Permit||$84.50||$167.00||$84.50||$40.50||$40.50||$84.50|
|Western WA Pheasant-3 Day Permit||$40.50||$79.00||$40.50||----||$40.50||$40.50|
|Migratory Bird Authorization||$13.20||$13.20||$13.20||$3.30||$13.20||$13.20|
|Special Hunt Permit Applications-Turkey||$7.10||$110.50||$7.10||$3.80||$7.10||$110.50|
*Defining disabled hunters and fishers
RCW 77.32.480 Reduced rate licenses.
Upon approved disability application, combination fishing and hunting licenses shall be issued at a reduced or Resident rate for the following individuals:
- A resident sixty-five years old or older who is an honorably discharged veteran of the United States armed forces having a service-connected disability;
- A resident who is an honorably discharged veteran of the United States armed forces with a thirty percent or more service-connected disability;
- A resident with a disability who permanently uses a wheelchair;
- A resident who is blind or visually impaired; and
- A resident with a developmental disability as defined in RCW 71A.10.020 with documentation of the disability certified by a physician licensed to practice in this state.
- A Non Resident who qualify under 1 and 2 above as a Disabled Veteran shall be issued a combination fishing license and/or any hunting license at the same cost charged to a nondisabled Washington resident for the same license.
*** To receive the discounted rate for small game, the small game licenses must be purchased at the same time as a big game license package is purchased.
Per WAC 220-220-050, to qualify as a Washington resident you must meet certain criteria:
- Maintained a permanent place of abode within the state for at least 90 days preceding license purchase;
- Washington driver’s license;
- Washington identification card; or
- Military ID with a copy of orders showing Washington as your duty station.
If you do not have the above, you may need to contact WDFW Licensing to provide other documentation. To qualify for a resident license in Washington, you must not be licensed to fish or hunt as a resident in another state.