ARCHIVED NEWS RELEASE
This document is provided for archival purposes only. Archived documents do not reflect current WDFW regulations or policy and may contain factual inaccuracies.
The commission will begin meeting at 8 a.m. Friday in the Olympian and Echo rooms at the La Quinta Inn in Tacoma at 1425 E. 27th St.
Friday's session ends at 5:30 p.m. The Saturday session also begins at 8 a.m.
Friday's agenda includes:
- A status report and commission discussion on the effort by the Department of Fish and Wildlife and other state agencies and tribes to develop a Wild Salmonid Policy that will serve as the roadmap to rebuilding salmon and steelhead stocks.
- A staff briefing on the department's proposed management plan for elk.
- A discussion of how animal species may be added to the list of the state's Endangered Species Act. Commissioners also will discuss which species may be removed from the list.
- A discussion of fish bycatch issues. The 8 a.m. session will provide an opportunity for the public to discuss with department staff the incidental catch of unwanted fish and other animals during fisheries. There will be follow-up discussion with staff and commissioner on development of a bycatch policy.
- A briefing on proposed razor clam season changes for this fall.
Individuals who need to receive this information in an alternative format, language, or who need reasonable accommodations to participate in WDFW-sponsored public meetings or other activities may contact the Civil Rights Coordinator by phone at 360-902-2349, TTY (711), or email (Title6@dfw.wa.gov). For more information, see https://wdfw.wa.gov/accessibility/requests-accommodation.