We are excited to announce that the new Contracted Range Rider Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for the 2022 season is now available.
Over the last few months, WDFW Wildlife Conflict Section employees have spent 30+ hours working to enhance the RFQ. These changes include an extended proposal period, updates to rates of overall reimbursement as well as mode of transportation, improved language in the description and performance of duties sections to reflect the highest standards of professionalism, and several minor adjustments throughout the RFQ.
If you or someone you know is interested in becoming a contracted range rider for WDFW, please see the posting of the RFQ at the following website. Please note you will need to register with Washington’s Electronic Business Solution (WEBS) as a vendor in order to download it.
Link to RFQ: Please click here to sign into WEBS.
Please see below for a detailed list of major changes to the RFQ.
New Reimbursement of Costs:
- Reimbursement rates will not be dependent on the mode of transportation.
- Reimbursement for time worked between 1-7 hours will be an hourly rate of $26.25.
- Time worked for 8 or more hours will be reimbursed at a full day flat rate of $250.00.
- Additional $26.25 hourly rate for:
- Attending a meeting or training when required by WDFW. Attendance of regularly scheduled meetings requested by WDFW will be reimbursed. Brief communications less than 30 minutes (quick check-ins, phone calls) or optional informational meetings will not be considered for reimbursement. If a meeting goes beyond 30 minutes, the contractor will be reimbursed at the hourly rate.
- The proposal due date has been extended to December 31, 2022.
- Description of duties has been modified emphasize proficiency and accuracy when submitting invoicing documents.
- Performance of duties has been modified to clarify the relationship between contractors and supervising WDFW Wildlife Conflict Specialist.
- Minimum qualifications have been updated to emphasize the procurement of the insurance requirement. Contractors will be notified of their selection but must provide proof of insurance prior to contract approval.
- To be eligible to apply for this RFQ, contractors, their employees, or subcontractors may not be under any contractual agreement for range rider services through any other party.
- A personal cell phone number field has been added to the proposer profile.
- An updated Range Rider/Livestock Monitoring Activity Log converted to a fillable PDF format to streamline invoicing.