September 21, 2022
Action: Opens retention of coho salmon.
Effective date: One hour before official sunrise on Sept. 22 through one hour after official sunset on Nov. 30, 2022.
Species affected: Coho salmon.
Locations: Icicle River (Chelan County):
- From the closure signs located 800 feet upstream of the mouth of the river to 500 feet downstream of the Leavenworth National Fish Hatchery Barrier Dam.
- From the shoreline markers where Cyo Road intersects the Icicle River at the Sleeping Lady Resort to the Icicle Peshastin Irrigation Footbridge (approximately 750 feet upstream from the Snow Lakes trailhead parking area).
1. Minimum size is 12". Daily limit 4 coho. Release all salmon other than coho.
2. Night closure in effect.
3. Bait (including scents and flavors) is prohibited.
4. No motorboats, other than boats with electric trolling motors may be used. (Chelan County ordinance 7.20.190 motorboat restrictions).
5. Barbed hooks allowed.
6. Two-Pole Endorsement not allowed in this fishery.
Reason for action: Expected returns of coho to the Icicle River are sufficient to provide for sport angler harvest.
Additional information: WDFW will be monitoring the fishery closely and may close the season early if necessary due to excessive incidental catch-and-release impacts to ESA-listed summer steelhead.
Anglers are advised to check WDFW's website for fishery rule change updates at https://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/regulations/emergency-rules. Also, you can receive all in-season rules changes as they are announced by signing up for email notification through WDFW Regulation Updates at wdfw.wa.gov/about/lists.
Information contact: Region 2, Ephrata Office, 509-754-4624 or email TeamEphrata@dfw.wa.gov.