Recreational bottomfish and halibut
Recreational fishing seasons and regulations in Washington's waters for bottomfish and halibut, including weekly updates.
Consider tuning in to two upcoming public meetings to discuss season structure and proposed dates for the 2021 sport halibut season.
9 am. to 12 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 28
Location: Zoom Link (https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_hLpauXKLStuQmsFJhOyqVw)
Learn more in our news release.
2020 bottomfish and lingcod seasons
Marine Areas 1-3 and Marine Area 4 west of Bonilla-Tatoosh:
- March 14 – October 17, 2020
- Daily bag limit of two lingcod per angler
Marine Area 4 (east of Bonilla-Tatoosh):
- Recreational bottomfish: open year round
- Recreational lingcod: April 16 – October 15, 2020
- Lingcod minimum size limit is 22 inches, daily bag limit of two lingcod per angler
2020 halibut seasons and subarea quotas
|Fishery||2020 quota (pounds)|
|North Coast (Marine areas 3 and 4)||128,127|
|South Coast (Marine area 2)||62,896|
|Columbia River (Marine area 1)||18,450|