Aquatic Farm Registration
- Aquatic farm registration
Authorizes an individual to commercially manage and farm cultured aquatic products on privately owned lands. (RCW 77.115.040) (WAC 220-76)
- Aquatic Farm Maps
- Call WDFW Commercial Licensing for more information on Aquatic Farm Registrations 360-902-2464.
- Commercial Harvesting and Cultivating on Private Land (Dept. of Health)
This brochure describes other state and local licenses or permits you may need to commercially harvest or cultivate shellfish in Washington, and what you must do to meet Tribal treaty rights requirements.
- Crewmember - undesignated annual commercial crew
Allows the fisherman to purchase up to four undesignated crewmember licenses or up to two albacore crewmember per vessel, which can be used on a commercial vessel in Washington State.
- Crewmember - annual commercial crew
Authorizes the holder to be designated as a crewmember on any eligible commercial fishing vessel in Washington state. Individual crewmember licenses can be purchased at the following site: https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov .
- Crewmember - albacore crew
Authorizes the holder to be designated as an albacore tuna crewmember on any eligible commercial fishing vessel in Washington state. Individual crewmember licenses can be purchased at the following site: https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov .
- Application for license transfer
Call WDFW Commercial Licensing for more information on license transfers 360-902-2464 (option #4).
- Salmon Purse Seine
- Salmon Gill Net
- Salmon Troll
- Salmon Reefnet
- Salmon Delivery
- Salmon Charter
- Herring Dip Bag Net
- Herring Drag Seine
- Herring Gill Net
- Herring Lampara
- Herring Purse Seine
- Dungeness Crab; Puget Sound
- Dungeness Crab; Coast
- Sea Cucumber
- Sea Urchin
- Ocean Pink Shrimp Delivery
- Sardine Purse Seine
- Shrimp Pot
- Shrimp Trawl
- Whiting Puget Sound
Vessel and/or Operator Change
Vessel substitution — Fees.
This section applies to all commercial fishery licenses, delivery licenses, and charter licenses, except for emergency salmon delivery licenses.
- The holder of a license subject to this section may substitute the vessel designated on the license or designate a vessel if none has previously been designated if the license holder:
- Surrenders the previously issued license to the department;
- Submits to the department an application that identifies the currently designated vessel, the vessel proposed to be designated, and any other information required by the department; and
- Pays to the department a fee of thirty-five dollars and an application fee of one hundred five dollars.
- Unless the license holder owns all vessels identified on the application described in subsection (1)(b) of this section or unless the vessel is designated on a Dungeness crab-coastal or a Dungeness crab-coastal class B fishery license, the following restrictions apply to changes in vessel designation:
- The department shall change the vessel designation on the license no more than four times per calendar year.
- The department shall change the vessel designation on the license no more than once in any seven-day period.
Alternate operator designation — Fees.
This section applies to all commercial fishery licenses, charter boat licenses, and delivery licenses.
- A person designated as an alternate operator must possess an alternate operator license issued under RCW 77.65.130, and be designated on the license prior to engaging in the activities authorized by the license. The holder of the commercial fishery license, charter boat license, or delivery license may designate up to two alternate operators for the license, except:
- Whiting -- Puget Sound fishery licensees may not designate alternate operators;
- Emergency salmon delivery licensees may not designate alternate operators;
- Shrimp pot-Puget Sound fishery licensees may designate no more than one alternate operator at a time; and
- Shrimp trawl-Puget Sound fishery licensees may designate no more than one alternate operator at a time.
- The fee to change the alternate operator designation is twenty-two dollars in addition to the application fee of one hundred five dollars.