Two miles south of Anacortes, along the west side of Heart Lake Road. Most anglers visit Heart in pursuit of abundant stocked Rainbow Trout, but resident Largemouth Bass can also be caught.
This lake is one of only four waters in Skagit County managed with a seasonal fishing closure. Spring catch rates for trout are highest early in the season and decline as fish are harvested and as warmer water temperatures force trout to seek areas of colder refuge. Fall is often overlooked by anglers, can be an ideal time as fish that have been growing all summer become more active around the lake with cooler temperatures.
Two-pole fishing is allowed
Shoreline access: Good
WDFW access only
Species you might catch
Acreage: 63.60 ac.
Elevation: 338 ft.
Center: 48.47604, -122.630665
Open in Google Maps
Fishing prospects calendar
- January: No Opportunity
- February: No Opportunity
- March: No Opportunity
- April: Excellent fishing - Second half of month
- May: Excellent fishing - All month
- June: Good fishing - All month
- July: Fair fishing - All month
- August: Fair fishing - All month
- September: Good fishing - All month
- October: Good fishing - All month
- November: No Opportunity
- December: No Opportunity