Join WDFW fishery managers for a virtual public town hall to learn more about steelhead biology and management, including the Statewide Steelhead Management Plan, stock assessment, creel monitoring and discussion of some possible regulatory options for the 2021/22 season.
Tuesday, Oct. 26
5 to 7 p.m.
- Presentation (Note: Updated as of Oct. 28 to correct slides for errors and update with new information. These changes include the most up-to date preliminary forecasts and associated sport impacts shown in slides 41 and 49. This new information does not effect outcome of modeling proposals in slide 49).
Supplemental resources for reference
- Key terms
- Statewide Steelhead Management Plan
- Coastal (Region 6) runsize (catch and escapement) estimates 2020-2021
- Catch record reports
- Hatchery escapement reports
2020/2021 steelhead escapement results
|River/Area||2020/2021 Escapement||Escapement Goal|
- An integrated population model for estimating the relative effects of natural and anthropogenic factors on a threatened population of Pacific trout
- Anadromy and residency in steelhead and rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss): a review of the processes and patterns
- Clearwater River Wild Steelhead Spawning Timing
- Estimating the Ratio of Hatchery-Produced to Wild Adult Steelhead on the Spawning Grounds using Scale Pattern Analyses
- Evaluation of creel survey methodology for steelhead fisheries on the Quillayute and Hoh rivers
- Increasing Coupling Between NPGO and PDO Leads to Prolonged Marine Heatwaves in the Northeast Pacific
- Is Marine Survival for Puget Sound’s Wild Steelhead Really That Bad? A Nisqually River Case Study Evaluating Estimates of Productivity and Survival of Oncorhynchus mykiss
- Marine and freshwater regime changes impact a community of migratory Pacific salmonids in decline
- Newaukum Adult Salmon and Steelhead Spawner Abundance, 2019-2020
- Ocean distribution and migration of steelhead
- Ocean ecology of steelhead
- Population genetic analysis of Chehalis River watershed winter steelhead (Oncorhynchus mykiss)
- Record-Setting Ocean Warmth Continued in 2019
- Upper Ocean Temperatures Hit Record High in 2020
- Spawner Abundance and Distribution of Salmon and Steelhead in the Upper Chehalis River, 2019 and Synthesis of 2013-2019
Note: This meeting will be recorded and available to view online following the event. It is the second in a series of virtual town hall meetings this summer and fall to gather public input on coastal steelhead.
For more information about coastal steelhead management and to share a comment with fishery managers, visit our coastal steelhead web page.