- Fish/Shellfish Research and Management
- Fish/Shellfish Research and Management -- Fish/Shellfish Research
Author(s): West, J.E., Ylitalo, G.M., Lanksbury, J.A., Niewolny, L.A., Carey, A.J., Langness, M., Fisk, R.J., and O'Neill, S.M.
- PCBs have declined significantly in herring from the low-development basin; they are still elevated in the more-developed central and south Puget Sound basins.
- PCBs have increased or decreased in English sole from 10 index sites.
- PBDEs primarily declined or remained static in herring and English sole in Puget Sound.
West, J.E., Ylitalo, G.M., Lanksbury, J.A., Niewolny, L.A., Carey, A.J., Langness, M., Fisk, R.J., and O'Neill, S.M. (2017) Time trends of three major classes of toxic contaminants in two indicator fish species from Puget Sound. p. 29 In 2016 Salish Sea Toxics Monitoring Review: A Selection of Research. Edited by C.A. James, J. Lanksbury, D. Lester, S. O'Neill, T. Roberts, C. Sullivan, J. West. Puget Sound Ecosystem Monitoring Program. Tacoma, WA. 68 pp; https://www.eopugetsound.org/sites/default/files/features/resources/PSEMP_2016_ToxicsSynthesis%202017.05.09.pdf