Signed by: Lisa Pelly, Fish and Wildlife Commission Chair
The management objectives for the razor clam fishery are:
- Manage the razor clam resource on all coastal beaches for recreational use with a minor separate commercial fishery located only on detached spits of Willapa Bay.
- Protect public health and safety.
- Manage the resource to maintain stable and healthy populations.
- Maximize recreational opportunity.
- Provide a quality recreational experience.
- Independently manage the razor clam populations on Kalaloch, Mocrocks, Copalis, Twin Harbors and Long Beach while considering the pertinent interactions of seasons, effort, opportunity and tribal allocations.
- Provide for consistent commercial fishing opportunity that does not conflict with the recreational fishery.