Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
Fish and Wildlife Commission
December 2-3, 2021
Via Zoom Webinar
Thursday, December 2, 2021 - Committee Meetings
Wildlife Committee Meeting – Commissioners Thorburn, Smith, Anderson, Linville
Location: Zoom Link (https://us06web.zoom.us/j/82711306535)
Join by telephone: 1-253-215-8782 or 1-888-475-4499 (Toll Free) Webinar ID: 827-1130-6535
Wolf Committee Meeting – Commissioners Thorburn, Smith, Anderson, Linville
Location: Zoom Link (https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84365679188)
Join by telephone: 1-253-215-8782 or 1-888-475-4499 (Toll Free) Webinar ID: 843-6567-9188
Fish Committee Meeting – Commissioners Carpenter, McIsaac, Anderson, Baker
Location: Zoom Link (https://us06web.zoom.us/j/82181392118)
Join by telephone: 1-253-215-8782 or 1-888-475-4499 (Toll Free) Webinar ID: 821-8139-2118
Friday, December 3, 2021 - Regular Meetings (The Commission meeting will be held via Zoom Webinar.)
If you are interested in providing verbal public comment, please pre-register here. The following pre-registration deadlines are in effect:
- Pre-registration for the Open Public Input closes at 8 am Friday for Friday’s comment periods and at 8 am on Saturday for Saturday’s comment periods. Open Public Input is for comments on matters not found elsewhere on the agenda with separate public comment periods.
- Registrants will be called upon (no more “raised hands” will be recognized) and have three minutes to speak.
- All information entered into the form is subject to public disclosure.
- Additional information on verbal and written comment can be found here.
Then you will be prompted to enter the Webinar ID: 886-8989-4037
1. Call to Order
Meeting Minutes Approval
- October 21-22, 2021, draft webinar minutes
- November 15, 2021, draft web conference minutes
- November 19, 2021, draft web conference minutes
2. Open Public Input
The Commission is a direct link between the citizens of Washington and the Department of Fish and Wildlife. Comments on Department programs and topics of concern are welcome during this portion of the meeting. NOTE: During this portion of the meeting, the public is encouraged to comment on issues that do not already have public input time on the agenda.
3. Director’s Report
The Director will brief the Commission on various items.
10:30 AM - BREAK
10:45 AM (this has been moved to the January agenda)
4. Update on the Salmon Budget Recovery Priorities
Governor Inslee's Policy and Budget Staff will provide an update on the efforts surrounding Governor Inslee's priorities around more effective recovery of salmon.
- Summary Sheet
Staff Report: JT Austin, Governor's Senior Natural Resources Policy Advisory, Leslie Connelly, Budget Analyst, OFM and Governor’s Policy Office, and Jeff Davis, WDFW Director of Conservation Policy
5. Land Transactions - Briefing, Public Comment and Decision
The Commission will consider approval of a land transaction recommended by the Department for the enhancement of public recreation opportunities.
11:55 AM - Break
6. Hydraulic Code Rule Making (E2SHB 1382) – Decision
Staff ask the Commission for a decision on the Hydraulic Code rule proposal to implement E2SHB-1382.
- Summary Sheet
Staff Report: Margen Carlson, Habitat Director and Theresa Nation, Environmental Planner, Habitat Program
12:20 - LUNCH
7. Blue Sheet: Non-Native Game Fish and Fisheries Policy – Decision
Staff will ask the Commission for a decision on the proposed policy language directing management of non-native game fish and fisheries within the state.
8. Sport Fishing and Shellfish Rule Amendments – Briefing, Public Hearing
Staff will provide the Commission a briefing on proposed amendments to recreational fish and shellfish regulations. These amendments are proposed for the purpose of meeting conservation objectives as well as to address simplification and clarification of several regulations.
- Summary Sheet
Staff Report: Kirt Hughes, Fish Management Division Manager, Steve Caromile, Inland Fisheries Manager, and Aaron Dufault, Puget Sound Shellfish Manager
Public Hearing – This Item Only
9. Election of Chair and Vice Chair – Decision
The Commissions select a new Chair and Vice Chair.
10. Columbia River Policy (C-3630) Implementation Report
Staff will provide the Commission with the first annual report on implementation the provisions of Policy C-3630, adopted in September 2020.
11. Miscellaneous and Meeting Debrief
The Commission will discuss items that arise immediately before, during, or after the meeting and after the preliminary agenda is published and consider future agenda planning.
4:05 PM - Adjourn